Get a free quote now.
Brandon Taylor Appointed President & Chief Operating Officer
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (October 29, 2018) – OneSoft Solutions Inc. (the “Company” or “OneSoft”) (TSX-V: OSS, OTCQB: OSSIF), a North American developer of cloud-based business solutions, is pleased to announce its financial results for the three and six months ended August 31, 2018. Unless otherwise stated, all dollar amounts are Canadian dollars. Please refer to the interim unaudited Consolidated Financial Statements and Management’s Discussion and Analysis (“MD&A”) for the three and six months ended August 31, 2018 filed on SEDAR at www.sedar.com for more information.Financial summary for THE THREE AND SIX MONTHS ended AUGUST 31, 2018The following table summarizes the second quarter ended August 31, 2018, compared to August 31, 2017:
- Revenue in the quarter increased 63.4% year-over-year from $238,407 to $389,007, as a result of processing more data-miles for our commercial customers, increased ingestion of inspection logs, Pilot Program fees and increased Azure fee reimbursements.
- Gross profit increased to $337,119 from $238,407, despite a $51,888 increase in direct costs in this quarter.
- Expenses were $1,261,997, up from $1,046,430 a year ago, due primarily to increased personnel costs, including additional development staff hired for the Cognitive Integrity ManagementTM (“CIM”) 3.0 software project, increased general and administrative expense due to the Company’s internal Azure costs increasing in the quarter following exhaustion of its Microsoft Accelerator grant which had absorbed these costs this quarter last year, and increased sales and marketing expenses.
- The increase in expense was offset by the capitalization of software development costs, which increased to $211,169 from $16,729 due to the development of CIM 3.0 (Polaris) software.
“The ground work we have done during the past year is now transforming into revenue as new customers see the tangible results from adopting our solutions,” stated Dwayne Kushniruk, OneSoft’s CEO. “Interest in the use of Machine Learning to replace legacy industry processes is escalating. During the quarter, 3 new customers entered software trials for CIM 2.0, and 3 companies started Private Previews with our new CIM 3.0 Polaris solution. With 2 Fortune 500 clients now on board with multi-year agreements and 17 other companies either in trials or considering trials of our solutions, we are optimistic about signing more commercial contracts, which we believe will allow us to achieve cash break-even operations without needing to raise new capital.”OPERATIONAL HIGHLIGHTS in the quarter ended August 31, 2018
- The Company initiated its Private Preview program for the Polaris (CIM 3.0) development project during the quarter, having engaged 3 companies as beta users to provide input and feedback. Subsequent to quarter-end, CIM 3.0 was released to the market for general commercial use in October. CIM 3.0 integrates a cloud version of Phillips 66’s internally developed systems and OneBridge’s Machine Learning and Data Science technology, which now provides comprehensive “cradle-to-grave” functionality for oil and gas companies to manage their pipelines.
- OneBridge continued its collaborative marketing and sales efforts with Microsoft, who is motivated by CIM’s demonstrated ability to drive consumption of (and revenue from) Microsoft Azure and other cloud products and services. Approximately 80 Microsoft sales personnel who have customer relationships with oil and gas companies have been familiarized with OneBridge solutions to date and have now introduced our Azure Machine Learning concepts to potential customers in segments of the global marketplace, including North America, Europe, Middle East, Africa and the Caribbean.
- OneBridge continued to work with WorleyParsons, an international engineering firm, who is utilizing OneBridge solutions as one of its foundational platforms to deliver high value digital transformation services to its oil and gas clients.
- In July 2018, OneBridge announced it had been selected as a finalist for the 2018 ASTech Foundation award for its achievement in science & technology in Alberta. The ASTech Awards are hailed as the Province of Alberta’s most prestigious science and technology awards, which honours outstanding achievement in numerous innovation, ecosystem, and sector-specific categories.
SUBSEQUENT TO QUARTER END
- September 17, 2018: Operators with collective 68,000 miles of Pipelines start OneSoft Pilots.
- September 24, 2018: Fortune 500 Company becomes First Commercial Client for OneSoft’s New CIM 3.0 (Polaris) SaaS solution.
- October 18, 2018: OneSoft’s Cognitive Integrity Management 3.0 SaaS Solutions Released for Commercial Use.
- Management commenced the process to change the Company’s year end, from February 28 to December 31, to synchronize with common fiscal reporting periods for technology and oil and gas companies. We anticipate this will be beneficial to align our sales activities with customers’ budget cycles and better facilitate analysis of our Company amongst industry peers. This will result in an initial 10-month fiscal year ending December 31, 2018.
Although OneBridge’s pricing model is not based on a per data-mile fee, the revenue metric established during the last fiscal year ended February 28, 2018, based on $1 million of revenue derived from having processed an average of approximately 10,000 miles of pipeline data per month, equated to invoicing approximately $100 per mile during the year. Based on this historic revenue metric, we anticipate that we will need to invoice an average of about 40,000 data-miles monthly to achieve cash break-even operations, based on current expenditure levels.Currently we have 2 signed, multi-year commercial clients who collectively operate 19,000 miles; 9 companies with whom software trials are currently underway who collectively operate 130,000 miles; and 8 companies who are in various stages of considering software trials who collectively operate 103,000 miles. These potential revenue opportunities total 252,000 data-miles, with operators ranging from 700 miles to more than 50,000 miles of pipeline and include several Fortune 500 companies and one industry supermajor.We anticipate that some revenue growth will arise from our current customer base in Fiscal 2019, as these clients increase their use of our solutions by ingesting additional pipeline segment data into CIM and transition new divisions and operating partners to replace legacy processes with CIM 3.0. We anticipate a number of customers currently engaged in or considering software trials will ultimately adopt CIM for continual commercial use, which is expected to increase revenue.The CIM 3.0 program is highly important to the Company. Post quarter end, on October 17, 2018, we announced the commercial release of CIM 3.0 for general use. We anticipate the completion of certain additional functionality requirements developed in iterative enhancements to CIM 3.0, and acceptance of them by Phillips 66 will result in the recognition of a significant portion of the Company’s deferred revenue as earned revenue, as well as a positive impact to the Company’s cash flow in the fiscal 4th quarter.The Company believes the commercial release of CIM 3.0 and its subsequent enhancements will contribute to increasing revenues in Fiscal 2019. Management believes that revenue anticipated from the current sales opportunities, coupled with cash on hand, will be sufficient to achieve the objective of achieving cash-positive operations, without any requirement to raise additional capital to fund operational plans as currently envisioned.
APPOINTMENT OF PRESIDENT AND COO
The Company is pleased to announce the appointment of Brandon Taylor as President and COO of OneSoft Solutions Inc. Mr. Taylor previously served as CTO for the Company since 2004 and President of OneBridge’s U.S. operations since 2015 and will be assuming additional duties associated with capital markets, corporate development and investor relation initiatives. Dwayne Kushniruk, who was previously the CEO and President of OneSoft, will continue as CEO and Director of Business Development for OneSoft and its operating subsidiaries.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
ONESOFT SOLUTIONS INC.Douglas ThomsonChair
For more information, please contact
Dwayne Kushniruk, CEO
Sean Peasgood, Investor Relations
This news release contains forward-looking statements relating to the future operations and profitability of the Company and other statements that are not historical facts. Forward-looking statements are often identified by terms such as “may”, “should”, “anticipate”, “expects”, “believe”, “will”, “intends”, “plans” and similar expressions. Any statements that are contained in this news release that are not statements of historical fact may be deemed to be forward-looking statements. Such forward-looking information is provided to deliver information about management's current expectations and plans relating to the future. Investors are cautioned that reliance on such information may not be appropriate for other purposes, such as making investment decisions.In respect of the forward-looking information and statements the Company has placed reliance on certain assumptions that it believes are reasonable at this time, including expectations and assumptions concerning, among other things: interest and foreign exchange rates; planned synergies, capital efficiencies and cost-savings; applicable tax laws; the sufficiency of budgeted capital expenditures in carrying out planned activities; the availability and cost of labour and services; the efficacy of its software; our interpretation based on various industry information sources regarding the total miles of pipeline in the USA and globally, which segments are piggable; our understanding of metrics, activities and costs regarding evaluation, inspection and maintenance is in alignment with various industry information sources and costs of performing pipeline evaluation, inspection and maintenance in the USA are representative of those in the rest of the world, are reasonably accurate; the success of growth projects; future operating costs; that counterparties to material agreements will continue to perform in a timely manner; that there are no unforeseen events preventing the performance of contracts; and that there are no unforeseen material development or other costs related to current growth projects or current operations. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on the forward-looking information contained in this press release. Since forward-looking information addresses future events and conditions, such information by its very nature involves inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results could differ materially from those currently anticipated due to many factors and risks. These include but are not limited to the risks associated with the industries in which the Company operates in general such as: costs and expenses; interest rate and exchange rate fluctuations; competition; ability to access sufficient capital from internal and external sources; and changes in legislation, including but not limited to tax laws.Readers are cautioned that the foregoing list of factors is not exhaustive. Forward-looking statements contained in this news release are expressly qualified by this cautionary statement. The forward-looking statements contained in this news release are made as of the date of this news release, and the Company undertakes no obligation to update publicly or to revise any of the included forward-looking statements, whether because of new information, future events or otherwise, except as expressly required by Canadian securities law.This news release does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any securities within the United States. The securities to be offered have not been and will not be registered under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended, or any state securities laws, and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an applicable exemption from the registration requirements of such Act or other laws.The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
OneSoft Solutions Presenting at the SNN Network Virtual Investor Conference on Monday, August 3, 2020
+1 111 000 111
+1 111 000 111
+1 111 000 111
+1 111 000 111